Remember the days when we were given soaked and peeled almonds every morning for a sharper brain and better memory as a kid? The health benefits of almonds have long been known and it is one of the common food items that is included as a healthy snack in many different diet plans that target various fitness and health goals. Keeping cholesterol, inflammation and heart diseases in check, controlling hair loss, brain development and nourishing your skin are just some of the benefits that regularly consuming almonds gives you.
Rich in dietary fibre, healthy fats and anti-oxidant properties, badam or almonds are also beneficial for the skin and hair. That’s right! Almonds give you the benefits of calcium, vitamin E, niacin, omega-6, omega-3, riboflavin and magnesium. Almonds are also a great source of zinc and copper vital for hair and skin health and pigmentation. How does this powerhouse of nutrients benefit your skin, hair and more? In this article, we will be looking at the benefits of almonds for your skin and hair in detail. We will also share with you ways of incorporating almonds into your skincare routine for desired results.
Top Benefits Of Almonds For Skin
Almond is known as a superfood considering the nutrient-rich content of this little nut and the benefits it offers for the human body. In this section, we will be looking at the benefits of almonds for your skin and how each nutrient works to give you better skin and fewer skin problems.
Almonds Are A Great Source Of Vitamin E
- Almonds are a great source of vitamin E. Vitamin E does wonders for your skin in multiple ways. It is a potent antioxidant which is known to protect your skin cells from the damage caused by free radicals that are caused by the sun’s UV rays, pollution, cigarette smoke and more. Vitamin E also nourishes your skin and reduces the visible signs of ageing like wrinkles and fine lines. It gives you radiant skin by reducing dark spots and under eye dark circles.
- A source of healthy fats for the human body, almonds keep your skin moisturized and hydrated. Rich in linoleic acid and other unsaturated fats, almonds help in preventing the lipid barrier of the skin. This is the shield of your skin against moisture loss. Regularly using almonds for the skin helps reduce dryness to maintain the texture and suppleness of your skin even in the changing seasons.
- Almonds have both cleansing and exfoliating properties for the skin. When used as an exfoliator, almonds help in getting rid of skin impurities like dead skin, grime and oil. It also helps in boosting blood circulation.
Almonds Make Your Skin Smooth And Shiny
- If your goal is to achieve brighter and whiter skin, almonds can be beneficial for you. With its rich vitamin A and vitamin E content, almonds give you clear skin by removing harmful radicals. The antioxidants in almonds work to help you achieve clear and smooth skin.
- The riboflavin and niacin content in almonds helps in maintaining the normal texture of your skin.
- Zinc is another nutrient that almonds are rich in. Zinc has antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties that reduce the redness and irritation of the skin. It also helps in relieving skin conditions like eczema, dermatitis and acne. Zinc is also known to give you glowing skin.
- Another nutrient that your skin can benefit from is Copper. Almonds are a source of copper which is known for its role in skin pigmentation.
- The fatty acids in almonds help improve the texture and tensile strength of your hair.
- Almonds are a rich source of magnesium. Almond oil is therefore suggested for patients suffering hair loss.
How To Incorporate Almonds Into Your Skincare Routine For Maximum Benefits
Almonds and almond oils have been used for skin care for ages in Indian households. Here are some ways in which you can use almond oil for your skin for the desired skin results.
- Face cleanser- mixed with any essential oils.
- Makeup remover
- Massaging oil
- Face mask
Here are our top picks for home remedies that will help you incorporate almonds into your skincare and haircare routine.
- Almond Oil Body Scrub
-1 cup granulated sugar
-2 tbsp honey
-½ cup almond oil
-3 drops of essential oil
- Almond Oil And Honey Face Mask
-1tbsp almond oil
-3 drops of rose or lavender oil
- Almond Coffee Callous Buster
-almonds and coffee grounds in a 2:1 ratio
Using almonds topically or by consuming them as part of your diet has no significant side effects for you. However, when consuming almonds, it is advisable to soak them overnight, take off their skin and only then eat them for better results. You must also consume almonds in limit and not eat them in excess.
With this, we conclude our guide on the benefits of almonds for skin, hair and more. In this article, we have seen how almonds are a powerhouse of benefits for the skin and hair and give you the skin of your dreams. We hope the home remedies shared by us will help you add almonds to your skincare routine and you will be able to notice a visible difference in your skin.