The charcoal mask is among the most popular beauty products today. Most skincare products, including shampoos, scrubs, and facial cleansers, have activated charcoal as their active ingredient. This article explains the benefits of an activated charcoal mask and how to use it.
Activated charcoal tops the list of detoxifying agents. Unsurprisingly, it is the active ingredient in high-quality masks, face washes, and scrubs. It draws impurities and bacteria from the skin, enabling it to fight acne and improve complexion.
What is Activated Charcoal?
Activated charcoal is quality charcoal that has undergone treatment with high temperatures to alter its natural structure while increasing its ability to absorb oil, dirt, and other impurities from the skin. It’s a black, fine powder whose production involves exposing ordinary charcoal to very high heat to create tiny internal holes or spaces that make it more absorbent and able to trap toxins and chemicals. Thus, a black charcoal mask draws dirt, bacteria, oil, and other micro-particles from your skin’s surface.
How is a Charcoal Face Mask Beneficial to Our Skin?
A quality charcoal mask benefits our skin in several ways. It detoxifies and cleanses the skin’s pores. Here are more benefits of charcoal peel off mask.
1. Removing Impurities
Activated charcoal absorbs toxins, bacteria, and other skin impurities. Thus, using it to remove contaminants like bacteria and dirt can give you a glowing, healthier complexion.
2. Treating Acne
Oil, bacteria, and dead skin cells accumulation in the pores cause acne. Acne-causing bacteria trigger inflammatory lesions, such as pimples, causing redness, swelling, and irritation. Activated charcoal has antibacterial properties. Hence, it helps fight bacteria that cause acne, enhancing your skin’s overall complexion.
3. Treating Insect Bites
Stings and insect bites cause skin swelling and itching. Activated charcoal can help you remove the sting by neutralizing the insect venom.
4. Exfoliating and Detoxifying the Skin
The grainy nature of charcoal powder enables it to exfoliate the skin gently. Thus, it draws impurities from the skin, leaving it revived and soft.
What Are the Benefits of Charcoal for Cleaning One’s Face?
Cleaning your face with activated charcoal can address various skin concerns. Here are ways you can benefit from this treatment.
- Mattifying oily skin: A soap with this ingredient or a charcoal mask for oily skin can balance sebum production while removing excess oil from the skin cells.
- Treating blackheads and acne: You can use an activated charcoal mask for acne, blackheads, and whiteheads caused by oil, bacteria, grime, and dirt accumulation. This ingredient draws out impurities while treating these problems.
- Brightening and soothing the skin: Charcoal mask cream benefits the skin by lighting it. It has anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties that clear out bacteria and infections. Also, it soothes insect bites and rashes.
- Minimizing open pores: Charcoal has deep-penetrating powers and purifying properties. Using a quality charcoal peel off mask reduces the size of open pores by removing excess oil, grime, and dirt that accumulates in them. It can also shrink open pores, making the skin even-toned and smooth.
How to Apply a Face Mask
Knowing how to apply charcoal mask helps you reap its full benefits. Here are the steps to follow.
- Cleanse your face correctly to enable the mask’s active ingredients to enter the skin and get to the cells.
- Apply the mask to your forehead, cheek, chin, and nose.
- Allow the mask to dry after drawing and binding excess oil and impurities from your skin.
- Rinse off after leaving the mask on your face for 15-20 minutes.
- Use a moisturizer to hydrate your skin.
One of the best charcoal mask how to use tips is to massage it gently into the skin using a soft-bristled brush or your fingertips. Also, distribute it evenly and don’t leave it on your skin for too long, which can cause dehydration.
How to Include Activated Charcoal in Your Daily Routine
Knowing how to use charcoal mask cream is one way to incorporate it into your skincare routine. You can also find it in face cleansers and makeup removers. Also, some hair masks have it as their active ingredient. Nevertheless, ensure you choose gentle, nourishing, and safe formulas.
Does Using Charcoal Pose Any Risk?
Now, charcoal mask side effects might be your primary concern. Charcoal is a natural ingredient, meaning it’s unlikely to affect your skin negatively. However, different skin types react differently to every skincare product. Therefore, please patch-test any activated charcoal product before using it on your face or skin.
While research about activated charcoal’s benefits for the skin is limited, many people have enjoyed positive outcomes from charcoal masks, including healthier complexions and glowing skin. Nevertheless, to enjoy charcoal’s benefits without adverse effects, choose quality, safe products with charcoal as an active ingredient. Also, patch-test the product before applying it to the skin.