Ever heard of under eye creams? Having dark patch under the eyes is an issue with most of us. In-spite of applying several pastes made at home, we can barely lighten it or brighten it. What do we do then? Are there any other solution to this age long skin problem? Well, we’d say yes!
There are creams available today which are specifically called under eye creams. Under-eye creams are skincare products specifically created to address concerns related to the delicate skin under the eyes. These creams are designed to target several issues like dark circles, puffiness, fine lines, and dryness. Under-eye creams are made up of a combination of active ingredients that give hydration, nourishment, and other beneficial properties that improves the appearance of the under-eye area.
Application of the under-eye cream provides several benefits. Here are some reasons why you should consider including under-eye cream into your skincare routine:
- Hydrating property: The skin around the eyes is thinner when compared to other areas and is more prone to dryness. Under-eye creams are typically formulated with moisturizing ingredients that hydrate and nourish the delicate area, reducing the appearance of dryness and fine lines.
- Lightening the dark circles: Under-eye creams have ingredients that help in brightening the under-eye area and reducing the appearance of dark circles. These Ingredients are vitamin C, niacinamide, and kojic acid which help lighten pigmentation and even out skin tone.
- Reduces puffiness : Certain under-eye creams contain caffeine, green tea extract, or peptides that can help reduce puffiness and minimize the appearance of under-eye bags. These ingredients help tighten and decongest the area, giving a more rejuvenated look.
- Reduces fine lines and wrinkles: Many under-eye creams contain ingredients like retinol, peptides, or antioxidants that can improve the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. These ingredients stimulate collagen production, enhance skin elasticity, and reduce the signs of aging.
- Protection and Prevention: Under-eye creams acts as a protective barrier for the delicate skin around the eyes, shielding it from environmental damage and the effects of sun exposure. Some under-eye creams also contain antioxidants that neutralizes free radicals, protecting the skin from premature aging.
- Self-care and Relaxation: Applying under-eye cream can be a soothing and a pampering skincare routine. Taking a moment to gently massage the cream into the under-eye area can provide a calming effect and can promote relaxation.
Do’s of Under Eye Cream for Bright Eyes:
- Select the right under-eye cream specifically formulated for brightening. Look for ingredients like vitamin C, niacinamide, or licoricey extract known for brightening properties.
- Read and follow the instructions provided by the manufacturer for the specific under-eye cream you have chosen. They will provide guidance on application techniques and frequency.
- Before applying under-eye cream, gently cleanse the area, remove any dirt or makeup residue and keep it clean. Pat the skin to dry with a soft towel to avoid rubbing or pulling on the delicate under-eye area.
- Apply the cream using your ring finger or a clean, soft brush. Gently pat or dab the cream onto the skin, starting from the inner corner of the eye and moving outward. Avoid tugging or pulling on the skin.
- Apply the under-eye cream regularly as directed to get the best results. Consistency is key when it comes to skincare, hence incorporate it into your daily routine.
Don’ts of Under Eye Cream for Bright Eyes:
- The skin around the eyes is delicate. Hence, it is good to avoid applying excessive pressure while applying the cream. Be gentle while applying the cream and use light, tapping motions to avoid causing irritation or stretching the skin.
- Under-eye cream is made to be applied for the skin around the eyes, and not for direct application into the eyes. Be careful while applying the cream and avoid getting the cream in to the eyes to prevent irritation or discomfort.
- Follow the recommended usage instructions for the under-eye cream. Using more product than necessary or applying it too frequently may not show better results and could potentially irritate the skin.
- While under-eye cream can be beneficial, it’s important to have a holistic approach to skincare which includes getting enough sleep, managing stress, maintaining a healthy diet, and practicing good overall skincare habits.
- Be cautious of using under-eye creams that contain potential irritants or harsh ingredients. Opt for products that are gentle and are suitable for your skin type, especially if you have sensitive skin or specific allergies.
Right way to use under eye creams
Using under-eye cream effectively involves the following steps:
- Start by cleansing your face and gently removing any makeup or impurities around the eye area. Use a gentle cleanser and pat the area dry with a soft towel.
- Take a small amount of the under-eye cream onto the ring finger.
- Rub your ring fingers together to warm up the cream slightly. This helps the product spread more easily and also promotes better absorption.
- Gently tap or dab the cream onto the under-eye area, starting from the inner corner near the tear ducts and moving outward toward the temples. Use a light touch and avoid pulling or tugging on the delicate skin.
- With your ring finger, lightly massage the cream into the skin using gentle, circular motions. This promotes better absorption and stimulates blood circulation in the area. Then, use a patting motion to further blend and help the cream penetrate the skin.
- Extend the application of the cream to the outer corners of the eyes, as this area is prone to fine lines and wrinkles. Be careful not to get the cream too close to the lash line to avoid irritation.
- Give the cream some time to fully absorb into the skin before applying any other products or makeup. This usually takes a few minutes.
- Every under-eye cream may have specific instructions or recommendations from the manufacturer. Pay attention to these guidelines regarding frequency of use, whether it should be applied in the morning or evening, and any additional tips provided.
- Consistency is important for seeing results. Incorporate the under-eye cream into your daily skincare routine and use it regularly as directed to maximize its benefits.
- The skin around the eyes is sensitive to sun damage, which can worsen the appearance of dark circles and fine lines. Apply sunscreen or wear sunglasses to protect the area when exposed to sunlight.