We all want hair that is soft, shiny and healthy; and there are products in the beauty stores that help you achieve the hair of your dreams. There are two products that can help you get soft, shiny hair – hair conditioner and hair mask. However, there’s confusion about when to use what. There’s often the question of whether one should use hair mask and conditioner separately or together, how often should one use these or the right way to use a mask and a conditioner. Read on to know more about hair conditioner and hair mask.
Purpose of Using a Hair Conditioner
A hair conditioner is conditioning and hydrating hair care product that smoothens and moisturizes the strands. Hair conditioners are lightweight and have a silky texture. This allows the product to go on easily on the strands. It helps to improve the hair texture and appearance almost instantly.
Hair conditioners work on the hair shafts and lay flat the raised hair cuticles. They help to hydrate hair and reduce frizz. Hair conditioners contain active ingredients that form a protective layer on the hair and reduce friction between strands. It prevents your hair from breaking and damage caused by sun exposure.
There are a few variants of hair conditioners available in the market that offer different levels of conditioning effect. These include rinse-out conditioner, leave-in conditioner and deep conditioners. Conditioners should be used on damp hair after every hair wash – you can either rinse out after few minutes or leave it in depending on the type you use.
Best Hair Conditioner Products Price List in India
|Hair Conditioner||Quantity (in ML)||Price (in INR)|
|WOW Red Onion Black Seed Oil Hair Conditioner||300||499|
|WOW Coconut & Avocado Oil Hair Conditioner||300||495|
|WOW Moroccan Argan Oil Hair Conditioner||300||549|
|WOW Green Tea Hair Conditioner||300||499|
|WOW Hemp Hair Conditioner||250||374|
|WOW Rice Water and Lavender Hair Conditioner||300||449|
|HAIR LOSS CONTROL THERAPY CONDITIONER||300||294|
|COCONUT MILK CONDITIONER||300||299|
|WOW Himalayan Rose Hair Conditioner||300||449|
Purpose of Using a Hair Mask
When your hair needs deep conditioning or repair treatment then hair mask is the product for you. Hair masks are thicker and richer in texture and are enriched with natural oils, butters and reparative extracts. Hair mask is ideal for very dry, damaged or breakage-prone hair. Since hair masks work by penetrating the hair shaft, they can be used to nourish and moisturize your hair and restore its natural health.
Hair masks are formulated such that they can repair the hair bonds by delivering protein compound to the strands. It also delivers essential nutrients to the hair that strengthen the strands. Hair mask also contains conditioning agents that are more concentrated and deliver intense moisturization. It also helps to prevent split ends, minimize frizz and soften rough, breakage-prone hair.
Since mask has thicker, concentrated consistency, so it should be used once or twice a week on wet and washed hair. People with colour-treated hair, dry hair, damaged and breakage-prone hair can benefit most from using a hair mask.
Hair Conditioner Vs Hair Mask at a Glance
The key difference between hair masks and hair conditioners is the level of moisture, hydration and norushment they provide the hair. Check out the key differences between the two hair care products in the box below:
- Hair conditioner conditions/moisturizes the hair.
- It is lightweight and more liquid texture.
- It has to be used every time after you shampoo your hair.
- Conditioner has to be used on wet hair after squeezing out excess water.
- It is used to smoothen rough/lifted hair cuticles. It helps to detangle hair.
- It helps to add shine to dull strands.
- It forms a protective barrier over the strands to prevent breakage.
- When applying conditioner, start applying from the mid-length to the tip and then smooth some over the top of your head.
- Avoid applying on the scalp; it can cause oily scalp.
- Conditioner has to be rinsed off after 3 to 5 minutes.
- Hair mask nourishes and helps to repair hair.
- It has a thicker, creamier texture.
- It has to be used once a week as a special care for your hair.
- Hair mask has to be used on shampooed and towel dried hair.
- It penetrates the shaft and helps repair damaged shafts.
- It helps to add softness and movement/bounce to your hair.
- When applying hair mask, spread the product from the top of your hair to the tip. Emulsify the product through your strands. Massage your scalp to stimulate the roots for better absorption. Then comb through with your fingers or a wide-toothed comb.
- Keep on for 10 to 15 minutes depending on the condition of your hair. Rinse off thoroughly with water.
While hair masks are reparative treatments that can be used to repair a hair problem, hair conditioners offer instant protection to the hair by forming a protective layer over each strand. Hair conditioners deliver instant results, while hair masks take a longer time to provider more permanent result. Based on your hair’s specific requirement, it is advisable to buy both hair mask and hair conditioner .