Rainy season skincare is important to ensure that your skin does not end up breaking out more or have dryness or flakiness during the monsoon season due to humidity. You also need to keep your skin well prepared in case you wish to create your favourite makeup looks during this season. If you are looking for skin care tips for this season or have questions like “Can we use sunscreen in rainy season?” then we got you covered. The following tips for monsoon skin care will help you protect your skin from the monsoon humidity.
Effects Of Monsoon Humidity On The Skin
If you are looking for monsoon skincare tips, you need to identify how this season changes your skin in general. Fungal infections, acne, eczema and rashes are some of the common skin problems that arise during this season. Humidity has different effects on the skin depending on the skin type. To find the right monsoon skincare routine, you need to identify how humidity affects your specific skin type. The following are some effects of the humid weather on different skin types:
- For people with dry skin, humidity can cause further dryness and flakiness. You might also notice invisible pores, tightness and dull-appearing skin due to the dry air causing your skin moisture to evaporate faster.
- If you are looking for monsoon skincare for oily skin, you need to realise that during this season, your skin might feel excessively greasy with open pores and more breakouts.
- For people with sensitive skin, skin rashes, itchiness, eczema and other skin problems are quite common. Monsoon skincare can be tricky for you as the rains may wash away the impurities of nature but create a host for fungal infections.
- If you have combination skin, your skin might be greasier and you might also notice uneven skin tone. There might also be some skin infections you might develop.
Considering how the humid weather can affect your skin, you must look for a monsoon skincare routine that will suit your skin type.
Essential Skincare Tips For Monsoon
The monsoon rains not only bring with them a wave of relief from the heat but also humidity that could be harmful to your skin. Here are some of the best skin care tips that you can follow to protect your skin from the humid weather and keep your skin healthy.
Cleanse Effectively To Remove Excess Oil And Impurities
This has got to be the first step of your monsoon skincare routine. You need to cleanse your skin in order to remove the excess oil and impurities. This will help you avoid fungal infections and acne breakouts that are common during this season.
Hydrate The Skin To Maintain Moisture Balance
No matter what the season is, you need to maintain the moisture balance of your skin. You need to keep your skin hydrated and moisturised to ensure that your skin does not end up producing excessive oil. This is one of the most important monsoon skin care tips that you need to avoid acne or dry patches.
Protect The Skin From UV Rays Despite Cloudy Weather
“Can we use sunscreen in rainy season?” This is one of the most common questions that people have about the monsoon skincare regime. The simple answer is, yes, you must use sunscreen even during the rainy season. You need to protect your skin from UV rays which makes sunscreen an unmissable part of your monsoon skincare routine.
Exfoliate Gently To Prevent Clogged Pores And Breakouts
Another important step in your rainy season skincare routine is exfoliating. Choose a gentle scrub to exfoliate at least 2-3 times every week. This will prevent clogged pores during the monsoon season and help you avoid breakouts.
Use Lightweight And Water-Based Moisturisers
You need to choose your monsoon skincare products wisely and one of the best skincare tips for the season is to choose moisturisers and other skincare products that are lightweight and water-based to allow your skin to breathe.
Tips For Choosing Monsoon-Friendly Skincare Products
Some additional tips that would help you choose the best products for your monsoon skincare routine are:
- Go for water-based products.
- Use a soap-free cleanser.
- Use a toner.
- When choosing makeup pick cream-based products over powder-based products.
- Make sure your skincare products suit your skin type and the skin problems you face during monsoons.
Special Care For Specific Skin Concerns
After looking at the general monsoon skincare tips, it’s time to get a little specific and talk about how you can take care of your particular skin type during this season.
Acne-Prone Skin: Tips To Prevent Breakouts And Manage Existing Acne
If your skin is acne-prone, you must follow these tips:
- Wash your face twice a day.
- Choose a gentle cleanser.
- Avoid touching your face with dirty hands.
- Exfoliate regularly.
Oily Skin: Techniques To Control Excess Oil Production
Your monsoon skincare for oily skin should include the following steps to control excess oil production:
- Cleanse your face twice a day.
- Steam your face to open up clogged pores and remove dead skin.
- Regularly exfoliate your face.
Dry Skin: Advice To Combat Dryness And Flakiness
Monsoon skin care tips will be very different for people with dry skin. You can follow these steps to combat dry skin and flakiness:
- Avoid washing your face with very hot water.
- Drink lots of water to stay hydrated.
- Use herbal moisturisers
Sensitive Skin: Gentle Skincare Practices To Avoid Irritation
For sensitive skin, you must follow these tips to avoid irritation:
- Use a pH-balanced face wash.
- Moisturise your skin well.
- Use a humidifier.
Other Important Tips For Monsoon Skincare
To add to your monsoon skincare tips, we have shared here a few general tips that will keep your skin healthy this season.
Keep Your Skin Clean And Dry
Wash your face regularly and ensure your face is well-dried.
Avoid Touching Your Face With Dirty Hands
Keep your hands away from your face. Avoid touching your face too much, especially with dirty hands.
Stay Hydrated From Within
Drink lots and lots of water. Keep yourself well-hydrated for skin that glows and is free from acne and other skin problems.
Eat A Balanced Diet For Healthy Skin
A healthy inside leads to a healthy outside. A balanced diet with all the essential nutrients will keep your skin glowing and help you avoid skin problems during the monsoon season.
Get Regular Facials And Treatments From Professionals
Visit your nearest beauty professional regularly and opt for facials and other treatments that benefit your skin.
The monsoons are a time for fun and joy. Let your skin enjoy the season with the right rainy-season skincare tips. You can keep your skin healthy and glowing by following a skincare routine for this season that suits your skin type and helps you avoid common monsoon skin problems.