Krill Oil is an oil derived from a tiny crustacean sea animal called krill (scientific name: Euphausia superba). Krill belongs to the shrimp family, also known as the crustaceans. Krill lives in cold sea waters, and is way down the food chain. It mostly feeds on phytoplanktons (tiny sea plants) and zooplanktons (tiny sea animals), both rich sources of omega 3 fatty acids, a key essential nutrient good for health. Krill in turn is eaten up by larger fishes like sharks and whales. As a matter of fact, krill is a Norwegian word that means whale food. Krill Oil Benefits us is many ways lets read more about the same.
What makes Krill Oil good for health
Omega 3s, astaxanthin & marine phospholipids are the three-star constituents of Krill Oil, each with health benefits.
- Omega 3s – It contains two key bioavailable omega 3 fatty acids – eicosapentaenoic acid or EPA and docosahexaenoic acid or DHA – that are needed by the human body, and can only be sourced through food.
- Astaxanthin – Krill oil has a powerful antioxidant called astaxanthin, a carotenoid pigment that gives it its characteristic red colour. Astaxanthin protects Krill Oil from turning rancid. When consumed, it helps reduce oxidative stress and checks free radicals that otherwise may cause cellular damage.
- Marine phospholipids – Krill Oil is rich in marine phospholipids that help increase absorption of omega 3 fatty acids and help slow down fat production (lipogenesis) in liver.
Health Benefits Of Taking Krill Oil
It’s crucial to comprehend the numerous additional advantages of consuming a krill oil supplement before getting into the more focused advantages of krill oil for the skin. An essential vitamin that can support a wide range of bodily systems is omega-3 fatty acids. Among the most significant possible advantages are:
- Krill Oil Benefits to Aid in controlling inflammation
- Krill Oil Benefits to Encourage heart health
- Krill Oil Benefits to Assist in the development of the foetal and postnatal brains
- Krill Oil Benefits to Maintain moisturised, robust skin
- Krill Oil Benefits to Improves Skin’s Moisture Content
- Krill Oil Benefits to Promotes Cell Regeneration
- Krill Oil Benefits to Prevents Sun Damage
- Krill Oil Benefits to Reduces Inflammation And Keeps Bacteria Away
Benefits of Krill Oil for Skin?
The largest organ in your body is your skin. Taking care of your skin properly can make you happier and healthier since it acts as your first line of defence against harmful environmental elements like wind, sun, and temperature swings.
Benefits Of Krill Oil for Health and Wellness
Krill Oil helps support inhibition of lipogenesis (fat or triglyceride production in liver), a major factor behind heart issues and cholesterol imbalance.
Omega 3s in Krill Oil support heart, cognitive, immune, optic and bone healths. The brain and the eyes have high amounts of omega 3s. These also play a key role in blood clotting mechanism. Low amount of Omega-3s may also be linked to depression, dementia, memory loss, pre-menstrual syndrome (PMS), breast cancer, and many other diseases. Marine phospholipids present in Krill Oil support higher absorption of Omega 3s to help increase utilization by the body.
Astaxanthin has free radical nullifying properties to keep chronic diseases at bay. Antioxidants help neutralize the harmful free radicals generated during digestion and help save the body from cellular damage.
How is Krill Oil a better choice than Fish Oil or Algae Supplement
- Krill oil, fish oil and algae oil are all rich in EPA and DHA types of omega 3 fatty acids, the ones that the body can use up. However, Krill Oil enables highest absorption of these by the body due to presence of marine phospholipids that carry EPA and DHA molecules directly to cells.
- Phospholipids are able to pass through intestinal walls for faster absorption.
- Fish and algae oil are low on marine phospholipids and hence their omega 3 content is less bioavailable to the body.
- Krill oil contains high amounts of astaxanthin, a key antioxidant, helpful in reducing oxidative stress on the body caused by harmful free radicals. Most fish oils do not have as much astaxanthin.
- Krill oil is more efficient than fish oil in helping improve omega 3 fatty acids to omega 6 fatty acids ratio which is crucial in maintaining vascular health. The recommended ratio is 4:1. A diet high in processed and junk foods can cause imbalance in this ratio.
- Krill oil is more efficient than fish oil in supporting slowdown of lipogenesis, the process by which fat triglycerides are produced in the liver.
- Krill oil is easier on digestion and burping issues as compared to fish oil.
Precautions to be taken with Krill Oil
- Do not take if you are allergic to seafood. Remember, krill is a crustacean, a member of the crab and shrimp family.
- In general, Krill Oil supplements are very safe. However, as with any other supplement, you must always first consult your health professional before starting on any. This is all the more important if you are on any prescription medicines, or have any chronic disorder.
- Omegas 3s present in Krill Oil are critical to blood clotting mechanism. Please be sure to consult your health professional if you are on any type of blood thinning medicines.
- It is advised to consume your Krill Oil supplement with a meal that has some fat content as that aids better absorption of nutrients.
- Always store your supplement bottle in a cool and dry place to keep nutrition values uncompromised.
WOW Life Science Krill Oil Capsules
We recommend WOW Life Science Krill Oil Capsules for nutritional support of EPA and DHA omega 3 fatty acids, phospholipids and antioxidants. This supplement comes in form of soft gel capsules Krill Oil is a powerhouse of two heart friendly omega 3 fatty acids named EPA and DHA and a potent antioxidant names astaxanthin.
Rich in key essential fatty acids, each capsule provides 500mg Krill Oil along with additional 200 mg marine phospholipids and 40 mcg astaxanthin.
WOW Life Science Krill Oil Capsules offer:
- Alternative to fish-oil based Omega 3 supplements
- Less fishy aftertaste or fishy burps
- Omega 3 nutrition with the bioavailable EPA and DHA types with higher bioavailability enabled by marine phospholipids
- Excellent antioxidant support
The Uses & Effectiveness of Using Krill Oil
Perhaps useful for treating dry eyes. The symptoms of dry eyes, such as redness, are improved by taking krill oil orally for around three months.
Many other uses of krill oil are being investigated, but not enough solid data is available to determine if these uses might benefit from krill oil.
Side Effects of Using Krill Oil
When taken orally, krill oil may be used for up to six months without any problems. Reduced appetite, heartburn, fishy burps, bloating, diarrhoea, and nausea are possible side effects.
Things to Know Before Using Krill oil
- Breastfeeding and Pregnancy: It is not possible to determine whether krill oil is safe to take during these times due to a lack of trustworthy information. Remain cautious and refrain from using.
- Blood Clotting : can be slowed by krill oil for bleeding disorders. It could make bleeding disorders sufferers more likely to bleed.
- Allergy to seafood: Some individuals with seafood allergies may also have allergies to krill oil supplements. If you are allergic to shellfish, stay away from krill oil or use it very sparingly indeed.
- Surgery: Blood clotting can be slowed using krill oil. It could make bleeding during and after surgery more likely. Give up krill oil use at least two weeks before to a planned surgery.
Krill Oil is a rich source of healthy EPA and DHA omega 3 fatty acids, antioxidants and marine phospholipids. It supports heart, cognitive, optic, immune and bone health. Its antioxidant content supports better neutralization of harmful free radicals. The marine phospholipids in Krill Oil help with higher absorption of omega 3 fatty acids. Krill Oil also supports slowdown of lipogenesis (fat formation) in liver, the process that impacts heart health. WOW Life Science Krill Oil Capsules contain a blend of premium Krill oil with additional amounts of astaxanthin and marine phospholipids to support wellness.