The monsoon season is the favorite season for all of us. Monsoon brings us great relief from scorching heat and rejuvenates the earth with lush greenery and moisture. However, it also brings along high humidity levels which can lead to various skin problems. Oh no! This is one thing that we all dread about. This thought makes us feel summers are good, isn’t it?
Why take special care of the skin during monsoon?
Monsoon is the time of the year where it is crucial for us to pay extra attention to our skin and protect it from infections, breakouts, and other related issues. Fortunately, nature has several natural home remedies that can effectively tackle these skin concerns. In this article, we will explore some of the best natural remedies for skincare during the monsoon season.
It is not just the humidity, but the increase in fungal infections due to heated moisture. Monsoon also triggers various skin allergies due to dampness and pollens. People with extremely sensitive skin may experience itching, redness, or rashes and may find it very hard to get through this season.
What natural home remedies can safe guard the skin during Monsoon?
There are several natural home remedies that can safeguard the skin during the monsoon season. Let’s explore some of the most effective ones:
- Cleansing the skin with Lemon: Lemon is one of the natural cleansers which helps remove dirt, excess oil, and impurities easily from the skin. It all requires a squeeze of a fresh lemon juice into a bowl, mix it with water, and application on the face or any part of the skin using a cotton ball. A gentle massage in a circular motion and a good rinse with lukewarm water does all the magic on the skin exposed to weather change. Lemon not only cleanses but also brightens the skin, leaves it fresh and rejuvenated.
- Application of Turmeric Paste: Turmeric has long been a part of skin care routine from ages and is much used as a traditional skincare remedy for its numerous benefits. It is loaded with antiseptic and antibacterial properties that help combat monsoon-related skin infections. All we need to do is to mix organic turmeric powder with a small amount of rosewater or milk to form a fine paste. Apply the paste on to the face and neck, allow it to rest for 15-20 minutes, and rinse it off with water. Regular use of turmeric will give a natural glow to the skin and keeps it away from all kinds of infections.
- Aloe Gel: You take any skincare product and you will see aloe vera as its main ingredient. Why? Because aloe vera is popular for its soothing and healing properties, which makes it an excellent remedy for various skin problems during the monsoon. Here is how you can take full benefit of Aloe Vera gel. Extract fresh aloe vera gel from the leaf and apply the raw extract gently on to the skin. Leave it on for 20-30 minutes and then rinse with water. The elements of Aloe vera goes deep into the skin and provides good hydration, moisture and glow to the skin.
- Natural Honey and Oatmeal Scrub: Exfoliating the skin is crucial during the monsoon season to remove dead skin cells. Here is how you can prepare a natural scrub right at your home. Mix a t-spoon of organic honey and oatmeal. Apply the mixture to your face and gently massage in circular motions for a few minutes. Rinse off with water to see how your skin gets softer and smoother. Honey has high moisturising property while oatmeal exfoliates and smoothens the skin.
- Goodness of Neem Rinse for Acne: You could see acne breakouts as a common problem during the monsoon due to increased humidity. Neem, an amazing antibacterial and antifungal product, can effectively fight acne-causing bacteria. How to use it? Boil the neem leaves in water and let the water cool down. Use this water to rinse your face twice a day. Regular use of neem water will help keep acne at bay and promote clear skin.
- Coconut Water for Skin Hydration: Proper hydration is an essential factor for healthy skin, and what better way to hydrate during the monsoon than with coconut water? Coconut water not only good for quenching thirst, but is also apt in providing essential minerals and nutrients to nourish the skin. Consume coconut water regularly to keep your skin hydrated and glowing.
Tips to rely on natural remedies for skin during monsoon
Depending on natural remedies for the skin during monsoon is the most effective way to take care of the health of the skin. There are a few tips to look at before depending on the natural remedies. Here they are:
- Know Your Skin Type: Before trying out any natural remedy, it’s important to know and understand your skin type. Depending on the type of the skin; oily, dry, combination, or sensitive skin, different natural ingredients may work better. Customise your skincare routine accordingly to address the specific skin concerns.
- Always Do a Patch Test: Before applying any new natural remedy to your skin, do not forget to conduct a patch test. Apply a small amount of the mixture to a small area of your skin. Observe for any adverse reactions such as redness, itching, or irritation. If there are no negative reactions after 24 hours, it is safe to use the remedy on your face or body
- Use Organic and Fresh Ingredients Only :To avail maximum benefit from the natural remedies, always use for fresh and organic ingredients only. Freshly squeezed lemon juice, pure and freshly extracted aloe vera gel, organic turmeric powder, and other high-quality ingredients will provide better results compared to processed or diluted alternatives.
- Check Your Skin Comfort: Always pay attention to how your skin reacts to different natural remedies you apply on to the skin. If you notice any adverse reactions or discomfort, discontinue the use of that particular remedy right away. Each skin type is unique, so it’s important to listen to your skin’s needs and adjust your skincare routine accordingly.
Monsoon season is one of the seasons our skin is prone to skin infections and requires extra care and protection from various skin problems. Instead of relying on chemically made products, it is beneficial to switch to natural home remedies that are not only effective but also safe for our skin. It is good to incorporate natural remedies like as lemon, turmeric, aloe vera, honey, neem, and coconut water, into the skincare routine to keep the skin healthy, radiant, and problem-free during the monsoon.
Let us all embrace the healing power of nature and let our skin shine with natural beauty!
Q1. Can natural remedies be as effective as commercial skincare products?
Natural remedies can be just more effective than any commercial skincare products. Many natural ingredients have beneficial properties that can address various skin concerns. However, it’s important to get the right remedy that suit your skin type
Q2. How do I know which natural remedy is suitable for my skin?
Knowing and understanding your skin type is crucial in determining the most suitable natural remedy for skincare. Oily skin may benefit from ingredients like lemon or tea tree oil, while dry skin may benefit from aloe vera or honey. Taking a patch tests and observing the reaction of the skin reacts can help in selecting the right remedies.
Q3. Are natural remedies safe for sensitive skin?
Natural remedies are usually gentle on sensitive skin. However, it is important to be cautious while using it for the first time. Taking a patch test and starting with small amounts of the remedy to ensure your skin doesn’t react negatively is advised. . If you have known allergies or sensitivities, do consult a dermatologist before using any natural remedies.
Q4. How long does it take to fetch results from natural remedies?
Time taken to show results from natural remedies may vary depending on individual skin conditions and the specific concern. Some people may notice improvements within a few weeks, while others may take longer. Consistency is key, so continue using the remedies regularly to achieve the desired results.