Pre-workout drinks are game changers when it comes to your workout efficiency, performance and recovery. But they don’t need to be boring.
Repetition often results in boredom, and when you don’t like having the same meal seven days a week then why settle for the same old pre-workout drink every time?
And if you haven’t ever tried a pre-workout drink, then the information in this email is going to change your workout performance forever.
5 Best Pre Workout Supplements & Drinks
1. PLANT-BASED PROTEIN POWDER:
This plant-based protein powder is vegan, gluten-free, and contains 25g of protein per scoop from a blend of pea and brown rice protein. It has all essential amino acids and enzymes for better digestion. It supports muscle growth, fitness, and overall wellbeing when paired with exercise and a healthy diet.
2. PLANT BASED PROTEIN POWDER – CAFE MOCHA FLAVOUR
This plant-based protein powder contains Pea & Brown Rice Protein + Grape Seed Extract + Pumpkin Seed Extract + Flaxseed Powder + Himalayan Pink Salt. It’s vegan, sugar-free, and cholesterol-free, with 25g of protein per scoop and essential amino acids for easy digestion. Suitable for all age groups and activity levels, it comes in a tasty Café Mocha flavor and contains antioxidants and hydration-aiding ingredients. Minors should consult healthcare professionals before use.
3. PLANT-BASED PROTEIN POWDER – MADE FROM PEA & BROWN RICE PROTEIN
This plant-based protein powder contains Pea & Brown Rice Protein and antioxidant-rich extracts. It’s vegan, gluten-free, and provides all essential amino acids for muscle growth and overall fitness when paired with regular exercise and a healthy diet. It aids digestion and supports a healthy weight. Suitable for vegetarians, it is a complete protein powder that meets daily protein requirements.
4. PLANT BASED PROTEIN POWDER – CAFE MOCHA FLAVOUR – 1KG
This plant-based protein powder is vegan and contains Pea & Brown Rice Protein + Grape Seed Extract + Pumpkin Seed Extract + Flaxseed Powder + Himalayan Pink Salt. It’s cholesterol-free, sugar-free, and easy to digest. It provides 25g of protein per scoop and is suitable for all age groups and activity levels. It comes in Café Mocha flavor and contains essential amino acids that can’t be produced naturally. Minors should consult healthcare professionals before use.
What Does Pre-Workout Do?
Pre-workout supplements are designed to provide a boost of energy, increase endurance, and improve mental focus during exercise. They typically contain ingredients such as caffeine, creatine, beta-alanine, and nitric oxide boosters that can enhance physical performance and delay fatigue. However, the exact effects of pre-workout supplements can vary depending on the individual and the specific ingredients in the supplement. It’s important to understand the potential benefits and risks of pre-workout supplements before incorporating them into your exercise routine.
Why is it Important to have a Pre- Workout Drink Before Going to the Gym?
Pre-workout nutrition for gym-goers is a must before hitting the gym for optimal performance. It preps your body by fueling it so you can push yourself to the limit during exercise.
Here are 5 reasons why pre-workout drinks are necessary:
1. Increased Energy
Pre-workout drinks can boost your metabolism, which helps to convert the stored fats into energy, thereby providing a constant and stable source of energy throughout your workout.
2. Better Focus
The caffeine and other natural ingredients found in pre-workout drinks can help you stay alert and focused throughout your workout. The mind-muscle connection is key for maximum results, and it helps to do just that.
3. Higher Endurance Levels
Pre-workout drinks help to reduce muscle fatigue and can improve your endurance levels, allowing you to push yourself to your maximum potential.
4. Better Development of Muscle Mass
Pre-workout drinks provide essential nutrients like proteins, vitamins and minerals that are necessary for muscle growth and development.
5. Keeps you Hydrated
Pre-workout drinks contain fluids and electrolytes that keep you hydrated during your workout, preventing fatigue.
How Should I Take Pre-Workout Every Day?
Here are the 5 Ways to Drink Your Pre-Workout
1. Protein Powder Drink
Plant Protein Powder is the most convenient way to get your protein dose. It contains a concentrated amount of protein that is gluten and dairy-free and great for muscle building and repair. Simply, mix it with water or milk and voila, it’s ready!
2. Green Smoothie
Add fruits and leafy vegetables of your choice in a blender along with Protein Powder and a dollop of Peanut Butter and you get a perfect pre-workout packed with antioxidants and vitamins necessary that fuel you through your workout.
3. Nitric Oxide Booster
WOW Science L-Arginine Capsules provide you with nitric oxide that boosts blood circulation and oxygen delivery, thus improving endurance and performance during workouts.
One of the pantry staples, coffee contains caffeine, which helps to improve focus, alertness, and energy. It has better effects when consumed black with no added sugars or with natural sweeteners like stevia.
5. Electrolyte Drink
Electrolyte drinks contain essential electrolytes like sodium, potassium, and magnesium, which help to replenish fluids lost during the workout.
Can I Use Coffee as a Pre-Workout?
Yes, coffee can be used as a pre-workout since it contains caffeine, a natural stimulant that can improve energy and focus during exercise. However, the amount of caffeine in coffee can vary, and it’s important to consider individual tolerance and potential negative side effects before using it as a pre-workout.
5 Best Natural Pre-Workouts
Making a pre-workout drink at home is an excellent way to hydrate and replenish nutrition before a gym workout. Here are some great homemade recipes for pre-workout drinks:
1. Peanut Butter-Banana Protein Shake – Blend peanut butter, banana, protein powder, and milk to make a delicious and nutritious shake. It is important to use high-quality and additive-free protein powder and peanut butter.
WOW Science Plant Based Protein Powder and Healthy Peanut Butter are great options to deliver the nutrition of the pre-workout.
2. Soy Milk-Strawberry Protein Shake: Blend soy milk, strawberries, WOW Protein Powder and honey to make a tasty and healthy shake.
3. Oatmeal-Apple Protein Shake – Blend oatmeal, apple, protein powder and milk to make a filling and energy-boosting shake.
4. Hemp Green Protein Shake – Blend hemp seeds, spinach, protein powder and milk to make a high-protein and nutrient-rich shake.
5. Chocolate protein shake – Blend dark chocolate, yoghurt, milk and protein powder to make a chocolatey, protein-packed shake.
While pre-workout drinks can be an effective way to improve energy and performance during a gym workout, it’s important to be aware of potential risks and precautions to ensure safe consumption. Here are a few essential pointers you must keep in mind.
1. Anything in excess is bad: Consuming too much protein can put a strain on the kidneys. It’s advisable to stick to the recommended daily intake of protein for your body weight.
2. Individual requirements vary: Professional bodybuilders have different needs than the average person. They may require higher doses of protein to support their intense training regimen. It’s important to not compare yourself to professional bodybuilders and to consult with your trainer to determine what is right for your needs.
3. The protein mix is not a meal: A pre-workout drink should not be relied on as a replacement for a balanced meal. Meals are important as they provide a variety of nutrients for overall health and wellness.
Level up your gym game with WOW Life Science!