Rosemary and onion shampoos have high doses of rosemary and onion extracts, respectively. While anecdotal evidence suggests that rosemary and onion shampoos can benefit your hair, scientific evidence supporting these claims is limited.
Traditionally, people have used rosemary to prevent hair loss and promote hair growth. Studies have also revealed that rosemary oil, the primary ingredient in the shampoo, may enhance hair growth. However, researchers recommend further investigations to determine its effectiveness.
Also, people have used and touted onion juice as a natural hair loss remedy for promoting hair growth. Limited studies have also shown that onion juice can encourage hair growth in individuals suffering from alopecia areata. However, further research is necessary to confirm the findings and determine its effectiveness in treating other baldness or hair loss types.
Why Use Rosemary Shampoo?
Rosemary shampoo is your ideal haircare product to address scalp dryness, irritation, and itchiness. It will calm your scalp and help fight the buildup of haircare products, skin cells, and natural oils that cause seborrheic dermatitis and dandruff. Also, rosemary shampoo is ideal for anybody who wants to boost hair growth and promote a healthier scalp.
Many people use rosemary shampoo to strengthen their strands due to its robust antioxidant properties that enhance circulation to the scalp, supporting strong, healthy hair. Its antioxidants are due to the polyphenols in its extracts and can neutralize the free radicals that damage the follicles, leading to hair loss. Other benefits of rosemary shampoo include the following:
- It boosts or restores shine to your hair by removing products, cells, and oil buildup, bringing out your hair’s natural shine.
- It calms and soothes the scalp due to its purifying properties that rejuvenate it while fighting itchiness, dryness, and irritation.
- It creates a healthy scalp environment that enhances the growth of thicker hair.
Adding rosemary shampoo to your haircare routine will give your scalp and hair the refreshing and nourishing boost they require to feel and look their best. Nevertheless, combine it with other haircare products, like a quality conditioner and serum, to achieve optimal results.
Why Use Onion Shampoo?
People have extracted and used onion juice with carrier oils on their hair for decades. Today, onion shampoo is a popular component of many haircare routines. Here’s why you should also use onion shampoo.
- Onion shampoo unclogs hair follicles by cleansing the scalp while providing nutrition. Hence, it prevents hair loss and premature greying.
- Onion shampoo has antioxidants that treat scalp irritation and dandruff. Its sulfur can help you maintain thick hair by boosting hair development and reducing hair loss. Also, it can strengthen hair follicles.
- Onion has antioxidant and anti-inflammatory effects that boost blood circulation, promoting healthy, shinier, stronger, and softer hair.
Using onion shampoo routinely can also calm a dry, itchy scalp. Thus, it can prevent hair fall, which results from frequent scratching. Most importantly, onion shampoo supplies vital minerals and vitamins that may restore damaged hair.
Rosemary Shampoo vs. Onion Shampoo: What’s Best for Your Hair?
Rosemary and onion shampoos are both good for hair. However, your choice should depend on your hair concerns, types, and preferences. Some people dislike the smell of onion, while others think the rosemary scent is too strong to withstand for hours.
Regardless of what you choose, pick a shampoo with organic ingredients to avoid the adverse effects of harsh chemicals. Also, follow the manufacturer’s instructions when using the shampoo to enjoy its full benefits. If you have a medical condition or you’re using some medication, talk to your healthcare provider before using rosemary or onion shampoo to avoid potential adverse reactions.