An onion can make people cry, but this is not always true. It is one of the finest things for hair development and avoids many hair issues. Researchers have found that onion shampoos prevent premature graying and itchy scalp. It quells dandruff, moisturizes your dry hair, and helps you obtain shiny, long, and lustrous tresses.
What is Onion Shampoo?
Onion shampoo is a hair care product and a type of shampoo that has onion extract as one of its major ingredients. It is believed that onion extract offers several benefits, such as reducing hair fall, promoting hair growth, and improving scalp health.
This shampoo can contain several other natural components like coconut oil, biotin, aloe vera, sweet almond oil, and black seed oil so that you can get possible benefits within a single-use or multi-use.
It is rich in sulfur, which is an essential mineral that helps in the production of protein and collagen to enhance the growth of your hair. The fragrance of onion may not be suitable for everyone, but shampoo that is made of onions is good, and it can be used as a normal shampoo.
The effectiveness of onion shampoo depends upon various factors, but it is dermatologically tested and FDA-approved. People of different ages can consider onion shampoo to experience the best hair care results.
There are many brands of onion shampoo; some names are WOW Skin Science, Mamaearth, Lotus Botanicals, Good Vibes, etc. You should choose an onion shampoo that is of high quality and free from sulfates and harsh chemicals.
The antibacterial nature of onion shampoo fights against irritation, dandruff, and other scalp infections. With onion shampoo, you can improve your scalp health and nourish hair follicles. The sulfur in onion ensures good hair development. It reduces hair loss and maintains the thickness of hair.
Choose the Right Onion Shampoo Based on your Hair Type, Texture & Specific Hair Concern
Choosing the right onion shampoo is extremely challenging because every individual’s hair type and texture are different. Also, some individuals have personal concerns when it comes to having a beauty product like shampoo.
Here are some tips that you can follow to select the best onion shampoo for your hair.
1. Hair Type
- If you have dry hair, you can buy an onion shampoo that includes argan oil to moisturize your hair properly. It should be hydrating enough to balance moisture in your hair. You can also search for onion shampoo products that have ingredients such as glycerin, shea butter, aloe vera, egg protein, soy milk, etc.
- If you have oily hair, try to get an onion shampoo that is infused with tea tree oil and is lightweight to eliminate excessive oil from your scalp.
- A sulfate-free shampoo is an ideal option for color-treated hair.
2. Hair Texture
The shampoo that has antioxidants, flavonoids, and anti-inflammatory properties with several micronutrients in onion juice is the product that you can check in the market and use in your hair to enhance the blood flow and texture of your hair. It is also a great option for strengthening the strands. Make sure voluminizing onion shampoo gives excellent results to fine hair because it is loaded with red onion extracts and cleanses the buildup away from your hair. On the other hand, your onion shampoo should have moisturizing and nutritious capabilities if you want to get rid of frizzy hair and get thicker hair.
3. Tips for Special Hair Concerns
- If you are experiencing hair thinning or loss, discover an option that is specially offered to reduce hair fall and promote hair growth.
- If you have brittle or damaged hair, seek an onion shampoo that has ingredients like keratin, biotin, or argan oil to nourish and repair your hair.
- For a dry, flaky or itchy scalp, you need aloe vera or tea tree oil in an onion shampoo to relax and soothe your scalp.
How to Use Onion Shampoo
Steps for using onion shampoo on your hair are given below:
- Wet your hair with lukewarm water.
- Take the onion shampoo in your palm and make a lather before applying it to your scalp or hair length.
- Massage your scalp for at least two to three minutes to ensure that the length of your strands is cleaning properly.
- Rinse your hair with water to add shine and smoothness. Finally, use the best onion-based conditioner to lock moisture in your hair.
Recommendation for Best Shampoo
One of the best onion shampoos is a red onion black seed oil from WOW Skin Science that is formulated for hair fall control and hair growth. This shampoo is rich in nutrients, antioxidants, and vitamin E to boost the healthy growth of your hair. It is useful for protecting limp and weak hair and is suitable for both men and women.
Furthermore, it contains no color, sulfates, or parabens. Use this shampoo to obtain maximum hair benefits. With regular use of onion shampoo, you can say Bye to dandruff, dryness, and scalp eruptions. The best part is onion shampoo is vegan-friendly to improve circulation of the roots and the scalp. It makes your hair lustrous and glossy. Also, it focuses on the improvement of strands.
For better results, you can consider the combo kit of onion hair oil, shampoo, and conditioner that provide deep nourishment to your hair. The mixture of pure onion juice in onion shampoo prevents hair fall and leaves your hair stronger, thicker, and healthier.
Now, you are aware of the definition of onion shampoo and the ways to choose the right onion shampoo based on your hair type, texture, and other concerns. Also, you’ve learned the tips to use onion shampoo and know which shampoo is the best onion shampoo.
Apart from that, you can prepare onion oil at your home and store it in any bottle to reduce inflammation and protect the scalp from harmful chemicals and free radicals. The combination of onion oil and shampoo work wonders on your hair due to the antifungal and antibacterial qualities of onions. However, ensure that you know the benefits of onion shampoo before applying it to your hair and know the right proportion of using onion juice.