The Magic of Micellar Water
Effective Skin Cleansing & Makeup Removal with Hydrating Skincare
As we all know that to look fresh and lush, our facial skin needs to be cleansed of accumulated dirt, surplus sebum, impurities, and stale makeup on a regular basis. There are many ways of cleansing skin – soap and water, foaming and gel face washes, makeup removers, and finally, the micellar water that’s quite the gold standard among skin cleansers. Let’s know more about micellar water, the wonder skin cleanser.
Far beyond soap and water, beyond face washes and makeup removers, micellar water stands in a class of its own in beauty and skincare realms. Quite the gold standard for facial skin cleansing and makeup removal, micellar water works through a technology that’s totally different and much gentler than how other skin cleansers work. The best thing is that micellar water doesn’t just cleanse the skin; it also gives it hydrating care.
What’s Micellar Water?
Micellar water is a type of skin cleanser that has the tiniest drops of lipids (oil) suspended in soft water that are great at attracting oil and dirt. These tiny lipid drops are called micelles. When a cotton ball or cleansing pad soaked in micellar water is swiped on the skin, these micelles draw out and lift off impurities leaving the skin clean. As the micellar water doesn’t remove skin’s healthy moisture, the skin doesn’t get dry as it does with soap or alcohol-based cleansers.
What micellar water looks and feels like
To look at micellar water is just like water (clear, colourless, transparent) but looks are deceptive. Put a drop on a fingertip and rub with your thumb and you will feel a difference in its viscosity.
History of Micellar water
Micellar water was created when women in Paris, France, faced skin issues because of the notoriously hard water with high amounts of calcium and magnesium in that region. This water was making the skin dry and pigmented, and also irritating acne-prone and sensitive skin types. Micellar water not only cleansed the skin beautifully, but it also did away with the need for rinsing away with hard water. Since then, micellar water has become hugely popular with models and makeup artists working on European catwalks. Actually, beauty experts acknowledge that micellar water is perhaps the best skin secret to emerge from France.
Advantages of Micellar Water
- Micellar water doesn’t dry out the skin. It has a gentle and hydrating action that leaves the skin feeling clean, soft and supple.
- Micellar water doesn’t need lathering or rinsing off. After or before cleansing via swiping, there is no need to rinse the face separately. Just soak a cotton ball, swipe across the face, and you are done.
- Micellar water lifts off impurities without requiring any rubbing. It has a soak-and-swipe-and-cleanse action that doesn’t require any rubbing or scrubbing on the skin to get clean. Even with color cosmetics like foundation and eye shadow, you only need to press, hold and remove a soaked cotton ball/pad on the area to get it clean.
- Micellar water is effective both as a skin cleanser and a makeup remover. You don’t need two separate products. Plus, as it does not require rinsing off with water, it is perfect not just for everyday use, it also works as a carry along for the times when you travelling.
- Micellar water is great as a makeup mishap corrector too. Highlighter too wide or pigment too strong? No need to remove it all and begin again. Just soak a Q tip in micellar water and carefully clean away the mistake. Apply makeup again on top.
- Regular use of micellar water helps keep skin’s pH balanced, and also gives protection from visible signs of skin aging.
How to use Micellar Water
For cleansing: Saturate a cotton pad or cotton ball with the micellar water. Swipe it gently across the face, neck and decolletage areas, and it will lift away dirt and impurities. Repeat if required.
For makeup removal: Saturate a cotton pad or cotton ball with the micellar water. Hold and press on the area where there is makeup (eye shadow, highlighter, mascara). Gently lift up the cotton ball. Repeat the process till the skin is clear of makeup.
How to choose good micellar water for your needs
Choose your micellar water from a brand known for products free of sulphates, parabens and mineral oils. Ensure that it is known for using natural actives. Your chosen product should be dermatologically tested and formulated with select bioactive like plant extracts and fruit/floral waters.
We recommend WOW Skin Science Coconut Clarifying Micellar Water.
WOW Skin Science Coconut Clarifying Micellar Water
WOW Skin Science Coconut Clarifying Micellar Water helps cleanse your skin and get rid of stale makeup with effectiveness. This formulation is based on gentle and skin-boosting micellar water (oil-in-water emulsion) technology where small cleansing oil molecules pull out dirt and grime deep-seated in the skin. This coconut water infused micellar facial water effectively wipes away pollutants and makeup without hurting the skin’s natural moisture barrier and protective oils. Coconut water is a mineral-rich skin hydrator that checks acne, pimples and blemishes. This micellar water also contains witch hazel extract that refines pores, cucumber water rich in vitamin B5 to help repair the skin, and green tea extract for antioxidant-rich anti-aging protection.
Regular skin cleansing with WOW Skin Science Coconut Clarifying Micellar Water helps deliver the following benefits:
- Visibly cleaner and brighter skin
- Convenient ‘soak a cotton ball and rub on face’ application
- Swift and easy removal of makeup, dirt, pollutants and impurities from skin’s surface
- Helps balance skin, clarify pores and keep acne in check.
- Delayed onset of signs of skin’s aging, improved skin balance
- Prepped up skin ready for toner/serum/night cream application