Enjoy Sun, Sand, Surf & Sea without worries
Summer’s knocking on the door. The beach season with sun, sand, surf and sea breeze is here. Whether you are going to the beach for a day or a weekend or longer, your skin and hair need some extra care to stay healthy and look selfie-worthy good. Read on to know how to keep your skin and hair looking great during beach times.
Hello summer, hello beach time shouldn’t mean goodbye clear skin and bouncy hair. We know that all that sunlight, sand and saline seawater are not exactly a great cocktail for your beauty care. Still, there are ways to keep your skin and hair happy as you have seaside fun.
We have got some useful information on how to manage your hair and skin so that you can have great times while keeping your beauty assets safe.
UV rays coming from the sun harm not just your skin; these are equally bad for your hair as these can make hair go dull, dry, brittle and faded. This is the reason your sunscreen protection should extend beyond hairline too. Similarly, seawater with all its minerals also leaves hair and scalp itchy and flaky. So you need to ensure extra care for hair too.
What you should do
● Use a sunscreen shampoo before leaving for the beach.
● Use a UV water spray on hair (and face) on the beach.
● Use a clarifying shampoo after beach day to get rid of deposits on scalp and hair.
● Apply a hair mask, later on, to give hair and scalp extra nutrition.
● Also remember: regular oiling and conditioning are always good for maintaining hair health.
Here are some quality hair care products we recommend to get your beach time haircare surfing smoothly:
The shampoo with sunscreen benefits. Contains concentrated and antioxidant-rich olive extracts with natural, tiny microparticles that adhere to hair strands creating a protective shield against sun’s harmful ultraviolet – UVA & UVB – radiations to prevent dryness, dullness, split ends, breakage, hair fall and discoloration.
Specially formulating with chelating agents to gently break down minerals, metals and chlorine present in hard water responsible for hair damage and hair colour fading. These harmful elements are then washed away to keep hair light, healthy and build-up free. It also contains Vitamin B5 that strengthens hair follicles, helps hydrate hair and boosts hair growth. Sweet Almond, Jojoba and Argan Oils add nourishment and gloss. Aloe Vera Extract with natural enzymes helps to remove the dead cells from the scalp and restores the shine.
WOW Skin Science Hair Mask Range
Apply once a week to revive hair. Choose from the following as per your hair needs:
WOW Skin Science Hair Mask with Sunflower Biolipids & Argan Oil, for dry & damaged hair.
WOW Skin Science Red Onion Black Seed Oil Hair Mask with black seed oil, for restoring shine to dull hair and adding volume.
WOW Skin Science Hair Mask for Colored & Treated Hair with Black Spruce Bark Extract that helps absorb harmful UV rays to reduce lipid peroxidation in turn responsible for colour fade.
WOW Skin Science Anti-Dandruff Hair Mask with Rosebay Extract & Tea Tree Essential Oil for dandruff prone hair.
WOW Skin Science Coconut Milk Hair Mask with coconut milk, shea butter and sweet almond oil for help fortify brittle strands, reduce breakage and restore shine.
WOW Skin Science Apple Cider Vinegar Hair Mask with apple cider vinegar to help restore hair’s natural balance and restore softness.
Sun’s ultraviolet (UV) rays are the biggest culprit behind skin’s aging. These are of two types: UVA and UVB. One tans and burns the skin on the surface; the other enters the skin’s inner layers to damage collagen protein that gives skin its youthful firmness. Together the onslaught of these can leave your skin tanned, red and wrinkled. Hence the first thing you need is sun protection.
● Applying a sunscreen serum after cleaning and toning your face. This gives double protection to your skin.
● Applying a broad spectrum and water-resistant sunscreen in suitable SPF count 15-20 minutes before you go out in the sun and to the beach. For your skin’s holistic care, it is better to choose a sunscreen with natural SPF ingredients.
● Reapplying every two hours if not getting wet. Repeat application in every 30-40 minutes if swimming, perspiring or towel drying is done with exposed skin.
● If you wear makeup and don’t want trickles and streaks on reapplying sunscreen, we recommend a spray-on sunscreen that provides broad-spectrum protection, spreads evenly and dries fast to form a transparent anti-sun, anti-pollution film on the skin. This also keeps your skin nicely hydrated and nourished.
● Other common sense beachside measures are sitting under a beach umbrella, wearing sunglasses and donning a wide-brimmed hat to minimize exposure.
Here are some quality skincare products we recommend to get your beach time skin all dewy and glowing:
Available in 3 variants: SPF 35 / SPF 45/ SPF 55. Face serum with non-greasy, non-chalky, non-patchy and lightweight formulation suitable for daily sun exposures. Delivers twin benefits – everyday broad-spectrum UVA/UVB sun protection plus advanced anti-aging serum. Helps limit photo damage. Also brightens, smoothens and rejuvenates the skin.
Water-resistant, quick-absorb, non-greasy and broad-spectrum sunscreen lotion with SPF 50. Protects skin from the sun’s damaging UVA/ UVB radiations. Stays effective for a long time even when perspiring or swimming.
Available in 3 variants: SPF 35 / SPF 45/ SPF 55 . Non-greasy, non-chalky, non-patchy, fast-absorb and lightweight product are suitable. Infused with raspberry & carrot seed extracts and avocado oil – all-natural sun blockers – its bioactive formulation dries quickly without clogging pores to form a transparent protective layer on the skin.
A spray-on product that gives your skin effective broad-spectrum protection against the sun’s harmful UVA & UVB rays. The simple shake & spray action makes applying sunscreen easy-peasy. Just shake the bottle and spray all over the skin and go ahead and apply your moisturizer and makeup. Its non-oily, non-sticky and non-patchy formulation spreads instantly and evenly to create a transparent film that shields from sun damage and pollutants. No streaks, no mess, no fuss. Just spray as and when required.